avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Which Component Manager to use?
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:25:18 GMT
On Friday 07 June 2002 09:14 pm, Mark Woon wrote:
>  Is there any consensus as to which Component Manger I should be using
> if I'm starting from scratch?  I used to use the ECM, but since that's
> falling into disfavor, what's its replacement, if any?

It seems as if Fortress is the next-rev of the ECM. There is also Merlin, but
I haven't looked at it yet.

> How stable is Fortress?  Will Avalon 5.0 pretty much deprecate
> everything that's available now?

What's your definition of stable :)

If you mean working without crashing, then yes. It is stable. (We use it in
production over here). It is not stable from a modifications-will-happen
standpoint. You have to be prepared to massage your code as needed when
tracking the CVS version.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org