avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/containerkit/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/containerkit/lifecycle LifecycleHelper.java
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:44:50 GMT
On Thursday 06 June 2002 01:03 pm, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> >There are cases inside the phoenix kernel where an object is both
> >Configurable *AND* Parameterizable.
>
> Not that I am aware of .

Its not committed yet ;)

The DefaultEmbeddor makes a set of parameters available to all of its child
components, one of the parameters is the PHOENIX_HOME location. Items in
kernel.xml can also have nested configuration elements.

DefaultEmbeddor is nice and will call configure() and parameterize(). This
really is more of a phoenix internals issue, perhaps what is currently
available via Parameterize should be in a Context (which, incidentally is
where I went looking first to see if I could get PHOENIX_HOME)
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org