avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Sutic <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject Re: organisation of avalon subprojects
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:06:17 GMT
(I should have included this in my previous email)

Paul,

what you propose is what I want with one difference:

I would like to see Cornerstone reduced.

However, as this is not practical due to the nature of Jakarta, I'd say we
agree pretty much 100%. What you propose is also what Leo Simons wants, I
think. (If not I've just voted +1 to two incompatible plans, oh well...)

  - Avalon Framework
  - Avalon Containers (codename excalibur)
     - educational (codename tweety)
     - micro (codename micro)
     - basic (codename fortress)
     - server (codename phoenix)
  - Avalon Services (codename cornerstone)

Yep, that's the way to go. I think we all agree on the above. I know I'm
with it, anyway.

Then there are some other items in the background:

  + Avalon Development Kit (maybe part of framework project?)
  + Nurture new apps (Cornerstone?)
  + Spec/Impl separation of framework. (?) (Details to be discussed out...)
I'm a bit hazy on exactly what this means... Separate out interfaces into a
separate Jar file or?

/LS