avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [A5] Parameters Package
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 05:47:54 GMT
At 11:01 AM 6/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>1) Do we want to decouple the Parameters interface from the Parameters
>object
>    like we do with Configuration?

I honestly can't see any reason. As a matter of fact I would be inclined to
make Configuration a concrete object aswell. I have never seen an
alternative implementation.

>2) Are we going to explicitly declare Parameterizable and Configurable
>as
>    mutually exclusive?

+/-0
They are incompatible but some peeps will object if we state it. We can
just buid it so that our containers treat them as incompatible stages.

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."
              - John Kenneth Galbraith