avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Bulbuk <Ole.Bul...@ebp.de>
Subject AW: Implementing custom marker interfaces
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:34:04 GMT
> 	Adding custom markers would be a matter of implementing an
> 	appropriate Marker class, filling the Context with any
> required values,

How can one do this without creating new component managers all the time?
Would a similar approach be nice?
For example:
  public interface ContextProvider {
    void provideContext(String role, Context context);
  }

So every component that would like to provide additional context for
subcomponents could implement this.

> 	and adding the marker to the above configuration (and/or perhaps
> 	via some dynamic registration method too).
>
> 	Food for thought. What it doesn't do so far is validate that the
> 	standard avalon interfaces are in correct order, I'm still
> 	thinking about that one.
>
> 	I'm still in RT mode :) so perhaps there's some
> limitations I haven't
> 	come across yet ? Feel free to add any comments/thoughts.

It looks all nice to me. :-))

Ole
--
Ole Bulbuk              Tel.:   0331/74759/60
Ernst Basler + Partner  Fax:    0331/74759/90