avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: organisation of avalon subprojects
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:02:24 GMT
Leo,

> Paul,
>
> I still believe that the wide scope Avalon has gotten is intimately
> tied to the branding problem.

Nothing a single simply worded page could not explain to the newbie.

> However, my chainsaw reduction was intended for code and not number of
> committers. If such a reduction would mean loss of committers it
> simply can not be done, period.

I am not saying I'd quit.  I'm saying you'd have pushed the areas most
of interest to me to SourceForge.  I am sure that I could still have
some Avalon (the project) commitments.

> > I want Avalon to be: Specification + Implementation +
> > Component Directory + Development Kit

This type of inprecise naming by *us* is part of the problem.  Which
Avalon?  A-F, A-E, A-P ?

- Paul