avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Suggestions concerning the application profile XML
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:46:13 GMT

Pete:

The current demonstration application profile in containerkit is:

   config.xml

   <my-app>
     <component name="s" impl="xyz.Component1">
         <config>lalal</config>
     </component>
   </my-app>

I would like to change this to the following:

   application.xml // default name

   <application>
     <components>
       <component name="s" class="xyz.Component1">
         <configuration>lalal</configuration>
       </component>
     </components>
   </application>

Changes include:

   1. applying the convention of a root element called "application"
   2. all component declarations are contained within a "components"
      element
   3. replace "impl" attribute with "class" to maintain consitency
      with the "class"/"type" convention
   4. usage of the filename "application.xml"

I'm not suggesting this as a standard but more along the lines of a
convention that can/should be followed at this time.  It will also allow
me to switch test applications I'm working on with content in
containerkit.  I also interested in filtering out what are comon
"application" level structures used in ECM/Fortress/Phoenix/Merlin (e.g.
logging defintion, extension directories, etc.) - objective being to
establish consitency in terminology and structure where possible in
common areas.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell