avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject i18n support in ComponentDescriptor
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 04:22:55 GMT

The metainfo ComponentDescript class contains the name, classname,
implementation version and attributes of a component together with a
display name.  I think we need to consider internationalization
requirements for both the displayname element and attribute values.  One
approach I could impagine is a reserved leading character in a
displayname or attribute value that is used to distinguish between a
i18n resource key and plain text.  For example if the value starts with
#, then an implementation can attempt to resolve the string via the
component's package i18n resource.

Any thoughts?

Steve.

--