avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Pete Carapetyan <p...@datafundamentals.com>
Subject Re: Make your stand now - Is Avalon for more than ReUse ?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:32:38 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

>>Not fair to cite SoC or IoC or Separation of Interface and
>>Implementation. They still make sense, but only because the objective is
>>assumed as common sense.
>>

>that's your stance on it.

Not much of a stance, as stance implies that I believe in what I am
saying. More like a tentative viewpoint looking for opposing
clarifications.

I must an attempt to separate what from how. I get lost in the how,
fried my brain in a previous life. So now I have to be very careful to
separate what from how, otherwise I get stuck in how and lose track of
what. Happens to others also, I've noticed.

Berin is right on. He keeps trying to bring it back to the use cases.
They all seem like re-use to me. But my handicap has already been
identified, maybe brighter folks can point out other objectives than I
am seeing.

What are the objectives, if they are more than re-use? Can you identify
them?