avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Re: Fake parade
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:21:59 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:

>Stephen,
>
>are you arguing against the use of the word "freedom" in this
>context, or against something else?
>
>That is, would you remove your -1 if "freedom" was replaced with
>another word, say "features"?
>
>I do not quite follow you...

I'm arguming aginst what is implied in Berlin's post:
Implications of the post are:

  1. assertion that containerkit is overly complex (which I
     happen to completely disagree with) when the real issue
     is the implications this has on concretly defining a
     component - emotive words are used in the post that bypass
     the real question

  2. discussing the merits of thread safety in A5 when in fact
     the framework does not concretely support this - kernals
     and containers above framework do this but the assertion
     is being made that this is a framework issue - it is in
     terms of future development - but this is in terms of
     delivering something concrete that does not exist in the
     framework today

Cheers, Steve.

>/LS
>

>--