avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [A5] Context
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 15:29:05 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I am very happy with the Context package.

Hmmm...

Personally I don't like contexts, they smell of "global variables" to me.

Aren't ComponentManagers(nowLocators) doing a similar thing (ie giving a
class based on a name-role)?

Also, look at the Cocoon Context: it's a real PITA to understand that
you need to get a context from a context...

> We should add some extra information on the package.html file to direct
> users how to extend the semantics of Context so that they can use it for
> their own purposes.

Definately.
See the James MailContext class as a possible candidate of a special
Context.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -