avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject org.apache.excalibur.extension.DefaultPackageRepository
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 06:51:30 GMT

Pete:

The DefaultPackageRepository class contains the method
cacheOptionalPackage which contains the following statement:

   final Extension extension =
     optionalPackage.getAvailableExtensions()[ 0 ];

I have a situation where the getAvailableExtensions is returning a 0
length array which in turn is throwing an out of bounds exception.  I
checked in the OptionalPackage class and it's just returning the
m_available state member. So, should OptionalPackage be allowing a 0
length array, or should validation of the available packages array
length be undertaken in the cacheOptionalPackage methhod?

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL