avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] avalon 5 ComponentManager interface
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:07:02 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>> Attempt at enforcing the "principal" that a key corresponds to an
>> interface effectively negates the potential for multiple service
>> provision where a interface is shared by more than one provided service
>

> No it does not. Decorate it at end with a "/key" and voila multiple
> service provision of service with same interface.

LET ME MAKE THIS REAL CLEAR,
I WANT TO KNOW WHY "org.apache.Thing/key" is any different to
"something" in the context of a component lookup key value.
IF THE ANSWER IS THAT IT MUST BE DONE THAT WAY TO BE COMPATABLE WITH A
PARTICULAR CONTAINER THEN THIS IS PLAIN BAD, BAD, BAD - AND SHOULD BE
DRAGGED IN THE OPEN - REVIWED, AND DISCUSSED OPENLY.  If it is not the
case - then *please* explain *what* my stubborn, irrational and
ill-informed actions are breaking.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell