avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Re: [Summary] Avalon 5 ComponentManager interface
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:30:32 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Leo Sutic wrote:
>

>>Carsten,
>>
>>you are right - everything gets a little bit more complicated.
>>

>Yes, and this is the thing that worries me - I know a lot of people
>saying "Avalon is too complicated" and this makes it even a little
>bit more complicated,

Actually I have quite the opposite view.  I belive that what is
happending at the moment is equivilent to ironing out the wrinkes on an
excellant tapestry.  When those wrinkles dissaper you will see more and
more value as tools converge toward a common model, extensions to the
framework become more and more unified, small inconsistencies in the
abstractions between different layers dissapear.  But the value is not
having something the is perfect - no - the value is having something
this is really consistent in implementation and abstraction - and that's
funcamentally important if your automating development or runtime
processes - and that's the magic that deliver simplicity.

Frankly, I have to confess - I'm really excited about A5.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL