avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] avalon 5 ComponentManager interface
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:59:38 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@osm.net]
>>
>>Leo Sutic wrote:
>>

>>>The need for hints exist because we have decided that the
>>>role should be an interface name.
>>>

>>Slowdown here - can anyone/someone please refer me to any Avalon
>>framework documentation anywhere that states a role is an interface
>>name?  Please - let's not get mixed up between decisions
>>concerning ECM.
>> The CM/SM is not and does not inherit from ECM.
>>

>Developing with Avalon?
>
>It's a decision we came to a long time ago.

-1

The "decision" is not documented in the CM/SM interfaces - is not
enforced by anything in the framework least of all
DefaultComponentManager or DefaultServiceManager.  But the worst thing
of all is that implies the potential interpritation of the lookup key on
a CM/SM manager implemetation. The decision I accept is the decision
expressed by the CM/SM interfaces and the javadoc that goes with them.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL