avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject JAMES mailet API
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 22:06:09 GMT

Avaloners,

I active in the JAMES list andthink I could use some help. Particularly
from those with Zen level patterns thinking.

Charles is inactive on JAMES nowadays and the survivors from the early
days and newer committers are mulling a replacement API for 'maillets'.
They are erring towards avoiding the Avalon-Framework intefaces
altogether, and defining their own all-encompasing API.  I feel the
redesign is need because the current one is not very SoC or IoC.  I
think a grave mistake is about to be made with the uber-API  A mistake
that includes a new logger abstraction.

My own feeling is that the Avalon-Framework interfaces are compatible
and desirable for any component being hosted by a container to an
API.Clearly, at least one more interface is needed to handle the
mail-request processing, but all the other A-F interfaces are pertinent.

Please if anyone can spare the time, could they pop over and help defend
Avalon (project), the Avalon-Framework interfaces and the Avalon-Phoenix
container (less under threat).

Regards,

- Paul

For additional commands, e-mail: