avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Draft implementation: Custom Marker Proposal
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:26:26 GMT
Hi Leo,

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 06:23:22PM +0200, Leo Simons wrote:

> nope. I'd say you should have a singleton-like handler/factory/whatever
> you call it, that you put into your CM, which acts as a full-fledged
> container, to which you can add all the extensions you like. That way,
> you *can* figure out in what stage your component is.
>
> But I believe fortress also has provisions for container hierarchies;
> don't know how that works though.

	Ok, as you suggested in a previous email I'll take a look into the
	container hierarchy idea.

	I'll also re-examine the handler/factory approach you mentioned
	above. When I first looked at this approach, it looked like lots
	of subclassing was required, but I'll take another look and see if it
	can yield fruit.

	Thanks again for your input. :)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: