avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Draft implementation: Custom Marker Proposal
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:01:36 GMT
Hi Leo,

	Thanks for the feedback.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 04:49:22PM +0200, Leo Simons wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 12:53, Marcus Crafter wrote:
>

> summarising:
>
> - not marker, but lifecycle stage

	Ok.

> - not container modification, but container toolkit to ease creation of
> custom container
> - keep lifecycle processing for avalon framework lifecycle stages
> separate, and as simple as it is now

	Ok. When I first looked into doing this I found out that the
	container level is not deep enough to support custom instantiation
	level lifecycle stages *and* access level lifecycle stages (perhaps
	my use of the word container isn't right - I mean the CM inside of
	Fortress's AbstractContainer, and ECM).

	When I get a component from a CM or the handler inside the CM, I don't
	know if that component was created just then, or if it was simply
	pooled and retrieved.

	This makes a difference if you want to add a new lifecycle stage
	to the instantiation phase of a component where it should be done
	only once during startup, perhaps after the standard avalon stages
	- or if you want one done at the access level, in which case it
	needs to be done on every lookup.

	If it was possible to find this out it would be easy enough to
	have a custom container (or CM inside of the container) to run the
	appropriate methods.

	Or, are you saying we should make the startup phase immutable and
	not extendable, but allow for access level extensions ?

> - will definately be useful

	hope so :)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: