avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ContainerManager and Sub-containers
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 06:12:37 GMT
On Wed, 29 May 2002 21:09, Leo Sutic wrote:
> > From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
> >
> > Looks very similar to phoenixs layout with a few name changes ;)
>
> Very - and since you've been at it a while longer than I: Do you
> handle component/hint mappings, or just role mappings? That is,
> can I specify that for Role X, selected with Hint Y, A should get
> U, and B should get V? Or do you just allow the remapping to
> work on roles?

Phoenix just does Role mappings at this stage though just recently something
similar to hints has come up. Basically any time there is a Component A that
depends on a component B where B is contained within C.

Examples include;

Depending on specific ThreadPool inside ThreadManager, SocketFactory inside
SocketManager, Component with hint X inside ComponentSelector, Corba service
inside Corba ORB yada yada yada

Not really sure how to handle it at this stage. Going to trya few things next
weekend but nothing jumps out at me right now.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald