avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is Avalon?
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:28:49 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:
> We always strive for perfection, meaning that our record
> of stability just plain *isn't*. But isn't there a place
> for a giant sandbox type development of *architectures*,
> from which other projects may take the best parts?

can we please put a stop to comments like these, that state or imply
avalon is not stable, or backwards-compatible? The parts of avalon that
are marked as stable are almost as stable as software can get. If you
disagree with this, please show some concrete examples why this is not
true. Otherwise, don't say it.

On the one hand I see people talking about better branding and
marketing, and on the other hand I see (the same) people marking the
product as unstable.

thanks,

- Leo