avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [A5] Parameters Package
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:19:00 GMT
On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 15:45, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > From: Leo Simons [mailto:leosimons@apache.org]
> > > As to #2, I believe that is what we intended to do in the
> > first place.
> >
> > -1. Please provide some arguments (again, yup). They are in
> > use together in my code (it's convenient), and probably in
> > other places as well. I don't see a design reason they should
> > be exclusive, and lots of problems.
>

> Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.
>
> It is easier to look in one place to see what gets set where,
> as opposed to multiple locations.

yup.

> The poor souls that inherit your systems have to question
> what gets set where, when, and how that information gets populated.

nah...there's documentation for that =)

still...

I've looked in a few places where I use both configuration and
parameters. Everywhere, it is possible to merge the configuration and
the parameters.

Providing a utility that does exactly that:

A5Configuration MigrationUtils.merge(
	A4Configuration, A4Parameters );

would be cool, where all gaps in between the Configuration and
Parameters APIs are filled in the new A5Configuration. Wonder whether
that affects the A5Configuration interface...

- Leo