avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] design constraint #0 for Avalon 5
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 10:58:19 GMT
> I would like to have your vote on this design constraint on Avalon 5:
>
>   all possible efforts should be done to avoid avalon forking

and I would add: all possible efforts should be made to remove the need
for avalon forking.

> When you are designing something new, you must make it appealing for old
> users to switch, because that take time energy and effort.

and make it cost as little time, energy and effort to actually switch.

> Many of the proposals I've see so far go toward the 'elegance cleanup'
> direction and very few to the 'usability/functionality' direction.
>
> If we keep this direction, nobody will switch to Avalon 5, they will
> simply keep on patching Avalon 4 and all our effort is useless.

I question whether we are going in that direction =)

> So, what do you think?

+1. I think we are all on the same page here, even if it is not so clear
from previous discussions.

- Leo