avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/containerkit/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/containe rkit/lifecycle LifecycleHelper.java
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 20:47:18 GMT
Scared me too when I found out. I break this one all the time. While it
is not the cleanest design, it doesn't really break any really important
concept.

The main reason: it is so easy! You can do some bits of configuration
with xml files (Configurable), and some bits with runtime parameters or
java system variables (Parameterizable).

The neat solution: create a ParametersToConfiguration helper that takes
hashes (Parameters) and spits out a Configuration object. Never got
round to it.

- Leo