avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Avalon and Turbine
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:49:01 GMT
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 09:42, Kurt Schrader wrote:

> While all of this sounds very nice, I know that myself and a number of
> other Turbine developers have a need to continue using Turbine as a
> standard servlet packed inside of a .war that we can drop into a servlet
> container.  As far as I can tell from this discussion so far, using
> Phoenix would no longer allow this to happen, or at least not in an
> elegant manner.  Am I just off base here?  Can Phoenix be bootstrapped
> from a servlet and be run that way?

I believe that Cocoon does exactly this: that you can drop a WAR file
containing a Cocoon application into a servlet container and it works.
So we could borrow their model for doing this.

I'm sure we'll have several approaches. I'm more interested in
integrating Avalon and EJB, because I have to, and I like the "life is
in the container" approach but we can certainly make both approaches
work.

> -Kurt
>

> --
jvz.