avalon-dev mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jtay...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: Avalon and Turbine
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:27:42 GMT
> I am not sure that it would be great to require Phoenix for tubine at this
> stage - mainly as it is aimed at standalone servers at this stage. However I
> am currently refactoring it so that I can extract a generic ServiceKernel
> that allows you build a Phoenix-like Container (ie uses something equivelent
> to BlockInfo but more generic) simply.

This sounds really interesting. One of the points of interest /
confusion for us is whether turbine would need to be bootstrapped by
something else or whether it could _be_ the container as in the current
model. If we can gradually move toward encapsulating all our services as
Avalon-Framework components, but still keep the turbine servlet at the
top I think that will alleviate a lot of concerns.

Not to say that I am opposed to having turbine managed by something else
(Phoenix I believe?), only that it gives us less we _have_ to do right
away.

I'm just getting my head around all this though, so maybe I'm way off
base.