avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: RemappableContainer (was: RE: What is Avalon?)
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:40:49 GMT

?

> I have a version of Fortress that I feed this config:

<snip config/>

> The component with id="test1" gets the
> org.apache.excalibur.fortress.test.Supplier/Alternate, and so on.
>
> Performance penalty is negligible according to the profiling
> test case.
>
> I am, however, incredibly unsure when it comes to the
> ComponentSelector parts of Fortress, and I haven't touched
> the FortressServiceManager pieces of the code.

The ComponentSelector code only comes into play when the role name of

MyComponent + "Selector" is used to lookup the component.  At that time
the Selector is created.

> So Berin, do you want me to committ the code back in for review, or
> post the diffs here for review?

Does it work with the currect version (i.e. support for ServiceManager/
ComponentManager)?

Anything to make Fortress better without breaking backwards
compatibility
is a +1 in my book.