avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] avalon 5 ComponentManager interface
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:52:23 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
> >

> > Peter Donald wrote:

> +1 (I've done it too in my projects)

> -1

-1 for now, but I have had a discussion off the list with Robert Mouat,
that I believe has resulted in a replacement for release(). As soon
as I get Robert's permission to post our exchange on the list I'll
do it.

> The problem, as Peter showed, is when I "hint" for a SSL
> connection. If I get a normal connection, I *can* still
> connect, but I *don't* want
> it. In this case, the /hint/ is mandatory and cannot be overlooked.

Seems like you're looking for a different ROLE, then:

interface SSLConnectionManager extends ConnectionManager {};

or is that too bulky?

/LS