avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] avalon 5 ComponentManager interface
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:42:41 GMT

> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> Hmm ... considering you have described an architecture that
> solves this
> this sounds like bandstanding. A4 is here to stay then.

My architecture solves the case where the wiring can be done
at assembly-time, it does not "solve" the Cocoon use case, except
when it is used together with ComponentSelectors (which I envisioned
it would be).

The big idea was for it to solve some cases where you in A4 had to
use ROLE + "/something". *Not* as a replacement for hints and
component selectors.

I'll do a proper writeup of exactly what it is I have in mind, and
what use cases it solves.

/LS