avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: We have come full circle, Let's move forward
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:27:09 GMT
> From: Leo Sutic [mailto:leo.sutic@inspireinfrastructure.com]
>
> +1 for stuffing everything into the proposal directory.
>
> -1 for everything else.
>
> Letting a not-yet-finished proposal affect the current
> version is not good.
>
> For release() for example, you will basically say
> "Deprecated without replacement. Non-ThreadSafe components
> are considered bad practice." and *that* will cause a storm.

You mis-understood.

I am not proposing to deprecate it *at this time*, but to encourage
the developer to think of alternative ways of developing their
component so that it is not needed.

> When A5 is really good-to-go we can start deprecating. At the
> moment it seems like we're just trying to shake off our
> remaining users.

No, we are just saying that we need to consider extending what
we have to add the missing pieces.  The meta-info part is the
key missing piece.