avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Using commons in avalon ?
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:42:48 GMT
> From: Marcus Crafter [mailto:crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net]
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> 	Hope all is well.
>
> 	Just wanted to ask if its ok to reference commons code
> from within
> 	Avalon ?

Seeing as how we are sending all our low level APIs (Avalon
Collections, etc.)  I don't see the problem.

I would like to avoid having two different collections packages
used for Fortress, so if you make the switch, make the switch.

The Commons folks have made some enhancements to the Buffer interface
(it is now an official Collection), and the BucketMap is being improved
as well.

Both of which are used.  Could you help with that migration?

> 	I've found another threading bug in the Fortress code and to fix
> 	it I'd like to use the DefaultMapBag class from
> 	org.apache.commons.collections.
>
> 	Are there any issues there ?

Only what I meantioned above.  It's one thing to have Java Collections
and Commons Collections.  Its another thing to have that and Excalibur
Collections.