avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] User requirements for A5
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:00:39 GMT

> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
>
> :)
>
> So you think our glass walls could take it?

If they don't, they should have been smashed anyway...

> +1 with the following addendum:

I can't really fit the addendum in anywhere in the post as
it is written... It assumes background knowledge of our discussion.
I think it's better to just ask for comments,
without saying anything about what we have been discussing.

> BTW, we should give a taste of the *good* things we have in
> store.

I'm afraid that would put the focus on what we have talked about
and not on getting comments.

I made some changes after Stephen's input:

----------------------------

All,

lately the avalon-dev list has been through a storm of ideas
for the next version of Avalon Framework. During this brainstorming
session we have come up with some fairly good ideas (*we* think so
anyway) - some of them quite radical, some more conservative.

Will you like them? Well, that's the problem. We have no idea if
you - the users of Avalon - like the ideas, because we lack
your input.

So what would you like to see in Avalon? What are the best
features currently in Avalon? What are the worst? What would you
like to see improved?

Of special interest is the view of the total newbie. What was/is
the greatest problem you faced when you first tried to use Avalon?
Lack of documentation? ECM too big? Dependencies?

If you are not using Avalon, but have made your way over here
to evaluate the project: What will it take for you to start
using it?

I have my finger on the trigger, people... Final vote to send
this to avalon-users and cocoon-dev:

+1 from me

/LS