avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: ContainerManager and Sub-containers
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 09:38:59 GMT
> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> On Wed, 29 May 2002 21:09, Leo Sutic wrote:
> > > From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
> > >
> > > Looks very similar to phoenixs layout with a few name changes ;)
> >
> > Very - and since you've been at it a while longer than I: Do you
> > handle component/hint mappings, or just role mappings? That
> is, can I
> > specify that for Role X, selected with Hint Y, A should get
> U, and B
> > should get V? Or do you just allow the remapping to work on roles?
>
> Phoenix just does Role mappings at this stage though just
> recently something
> similar to hints has come up. Basically any time there is a
> Component A that
> depends on a component B where B is contained within C.
>
> Examples include;
>
> Depending on specific ThreadPool inside ThreadManager,
> SocketFactory inside
> SocketManager

Hmm. Just guessing, but a role -> role + hint mapping could do it.
Let SocketFactory implement ComponentSelector and lookup
SocketFactory.ROLE.
This gets mapped to a lookup (SocketManager.ROLE) and a select (hint).

I think the key is to have the second lookup (to find the component B
that is contained in C) standardized via a interface.

/LS