avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [A5] Configuration Package
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 15:40:42 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > The configuration package is pretty good, however we should include
> > the same disclaimer text as mentioned in the thread on
> > Parameterizable.
>
> *if* we put it there (still against it)
>
> > Also we should add a branch(Configuration config, String
> newRootName)
> > to the ConfigurationUtil class....
>
> ?

I find it useful--especially when I need to branch configuration
information that is 90% the same.

> BTW, there is a commons-configuration going on.
> How should we cope with that?

There is?  Don't they know they should work with tried and tested
interfaces?

:)

Seriously, they do need to be made *aware* of what we have, and
figure out what their configuration package hopes to accomplish
that is beyond ours.