avalon-dev mailing list archives

From <david.g...@hic.gov.au>
Subject Re: Build.bat and ant.bat Faults?
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 02:53:12 GMT

Reply In-Line

Jeff Turner <jeff@socialchange.net.au> on 08/05/2002 12:41:56

Please respond to "Avalon Developers List" <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

To:    Avalon Developers List <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:

Subject:    Re: Build.bat and ant.bat Faults?

Well if it's valid filesystem behaviour, Ant shouldn't complain, so it's
another bug in ant.bat. When you say "ant complains about", what is the
error? I tried the same thing on Unix, with /jakarta-avalon and
/jakarta-avalon-excalibur and it worked.

<REPLY>
I will dig up the error message tonight and post when I get back to work
(Friday)
</REPLY>

> if not "%AVALON_TOOLS%"=="" set LOCAL_AVALON_TOOLS=%AVALON_TOOLS%
>
> I fixed the problem by "SET AVALON_TOOLS" to the directory I needed.
> Must confess that I did not try my suggested solution. Before you
> apply the change, I will test it at home - just so we know that it
> works.

Seems a decent workaround, but if you can test that'll be great.

<REPLY>
Will advise.
</REPLY>

> My only lingering concern is that if others are using the script
> presumably they are getting the correct results. I would not want to
> stuff anybody up.

I suspect very few people actually use the build.(sh|bat) files. Most
developers here have Ant installed locally and just type 'ant'.

<REPLY>
I may try this also.
</REPLY>

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above and may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it.  If you
received this message in error please notify HIC immediately.
the views of HIC.