avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [event] TPCThreadManager running out of threads
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 15:27:04 GMT
On Thursday 23 May 2002 08:02 pm, Peter Royal wrote:
> > My initial thoughts on it were that I wanted to make the whole
> > of the Event package to be able to be used independantly of
> > Framework.  I then relented on the Command portion, but I wanted
> > a really simple "instantiate and go" type of setup.
> >
> > What are your feelings on this.  What is easiest for you?
>
> I also see no specific need for a Framework dependency. How about something
> like:

I just realize that I contradicted myself there, as AbstractLogEnabled is in
framework... doh!

> Basically taking each constructor arg and turning it into a specific
> property that can be set. If a property is not set before starting the
> manager, the default is used. Sleep time could then be easily changed on
> the fly, if needed.
>
> You still get the "instantiate and go" that you desire --- there's only one
> extra method call involved from using the arg-less constructor that is has
> now.

Since we already have a framework dependency, might as well embrace it :)

I will make the TPCThreadManager Parameterizable and Startable.

Question about Fortress.. in ContextManager if no COMMAND_QUEUE is provided,
it creates its own CommandManager which is not registered with a
ThreadManager at all. Should ContextManager create a ThreadManager in that
case?
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org