avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Randall" <crand...@tivre.com>
Subject RE: LogKit doesn't build
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 18:55:58 GMT
I just checked out the LogKit project from CVS, and tried to execute the build, and the same
compile errors happened. I tried using both the build.sh script, and building from ant directly.

So it would seem to me that the latest version of the build.xml script (1.74) still causes
the errors to happen.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 11:49 AM
To: 'Avalon Developers List'
Subject: RE: LogKit doesn't build

> From: Christopher Randall [mailto:crandall@tivre.com]
>
> I have include the text of the Ant logfile from my build:

I see what happened.  When someone added support to send
logging events to a database, the author forgot to ensure
that the support was optional.  In CVS, I believe the
oversight is fixed.

If you pull the build file from this URL:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-avalon-logkit/build.xml
?rev=1.74&content-type=text/xml

you should be able to build LogKit.

Remember, you have to have the jars to use those features.
If you don't care about those features, then you don't
have to worry about the jars.

TO the Avalon team:

Should we release a new LogKit with the build fix?