avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Bulbuk <Ole.Bul...@ebp.de>
Subject AW: LogKit and log4j
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 15:53:34 GMT

> Question: which one should I use for a new project? Since log4j
> provides (I believe, but I could be wrong) everything LogKit does,
> and in addition it is a Jakarta project, is LogKit going the way
> of the dodo? Is there any benefit in still using LogKit?

AFAIK there is no benefit except you are forced to use it by (e.g. by
ExcaliburComponentManager). ;-(
ECM doesn't extend AbstractLogEnabled but AbstractLoggable. I am facing the
same question and since some of the classes we implement here should be
usable by other projects this is a little problem. Of course you can make a
copy of the ECM and extend AbstractLogEnabled instead (I don't know much
about other problematic components). But an official solution would be nice
of course.

Regards,

Ole
--
Ole Bulbuk              Tel.:   0331/74759/60
Ernst Basler + Partner  Fax:    0331/74759/90