avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Re: LogKit and log4j
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 17:16:21 GMT

If you planning on using the Avalon Framework  then you have to handle
LogEnabled - at that point you need to decide what your logging
implementation will be - but that an implemetation question than will be
impacted by other products your using, and the security considerations
your subject to, and consideration with respect to integration with
products that will use your product. In our case, security is an
overriding factor which results in a strong preference for using the
LogKit implementation over and above other available logging packages.

Cheers, Steve.