avalon-dev mailing list archives

From marc-antoine garrigue <magarri...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: [submission]: AVALON&J2EE
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 08:49:06 GMT

 >>I don't have a reference link now, but I recall that use of static methods
>>and classes is forbidden in EJB objects, since it can break the
>>container-component contracts and the JNDI resolution system.
>>

>static methods are fine static variables are not except in very very very
>limited circumstances.

Correct, but each use of a static method hints at a static var too.
 Well in many cases that is true.

I need to elaborate my, possibly overstated, point:

  Because EJB beans may be in different classloaders, there may be
  more that one instance of a thing the developer thinks there is only
  one of . For some EJB solutions, it may be possible to live with that.

-ph