avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sending patches
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 08:57:24 GMT
On Sun, 19 May 2002 18:51, Robert wrote:
> Want me to send these updates via bugzilla? If so I assume that I just
> copy/paste the complete XML file into the 'Description' box, or want me
> to send the XML file to the list?

The best thing to do is to send unified diffs to the list. But make sure they
come as an attachment rather than inline (or else some mail clients may mess
them up).  Also, preferrably there would be one large patch rather than lots
of little ones. The easiest way to generate the patches is to do a

cvs diff -u > docs.diff

from base directory of whatever reposiotry you are working in.

Look forwards to the diffs ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald