avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ContainerUtil
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 12:57:00 GMT
On Wed, 15 May 2002 22:48, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I looked at it, and you have the shutdown() method.
> What about a startup() method(s)?
>
> something like this:
>
> startup(Object comp, Logger log, ComponentManager manager, Configuration
> conf);
> startup(Object comp, Logger log, ServiceManager manager, Configuration
> conf);
> startup(Object comp, Logger log, ComponentManager manager, Parameters
> param);
> startup(Object comp, Logger log, ServiceManager manager, Parameters
> param);

I used to have this originally but took it out because the permutations got
large or else you ended up having a very large set of parameters. In short it
was ugly, consider

* Loggable vs LogEnabled
* ServiceManager vs ComponentManager
* Configuration vs Parameters
* Context or not
etc

I am working on something that should help in this area though. I am still in
play mode atm but basically I am using Myrmidon, Fortress and Phoenix as my
testcases to see if it is simple/general enough.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald