avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Basic questions
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 11:33:58 GMT
On Sun, 12 May 2002 12:53, Pete Carapetyan wrote:

> >  I used struts <snip including _with Avalon_>
>
> Peter, I would be interested in your use of Struts with Avalon,
> particularly the process of using Struts as a component. There are many
> of us who use Struts who are not up to the Avalon speed yet, but would
> like to be. In particular, I am wondering if I would have to refactor
> Struts, which would be bad because Struts itself is an Apache product,
> and I would like to keep it in sync with all the latest builds as they
> mature. But at the same time it would seem a shame to keep it outside
> the Avalon structure.
>
> Do you have any comments in this regard that could help me along the
> way? Especially comments as to how you would bring it in as a component
> or set of components?

Well I guess it depends on how far you want to go. It should be possible to
have a set of ActionMappings configured using Avalon practices, and maybe
have an AvalonAction that was composed via standard Avalon lifecycle. You
could also easily configure logging to redirect to a central location.
Unfortunately I can't help you as I have not yet done that ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald