avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LogKit and log4j
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 00:39:03 GMT
On Fri, 10 May 2002 07:55, Gonzalo A. Diethelm wrote:
> A couple more questions:
>
> * Does LogKit by itself (i.e. not as Excalibur Logger) allow
>   for plugging log4j or JDK 1.4 logging as "back-end"?

Not really. You could bridge the two APIs (ie have Log4j/JDK Logging redirect
to LogKit or vice versa) but theres little value in that. Instead I would
recomend you use the avalon.framework.logger.* package which already
abstracts those 3 APIs.

> * What is the appropriate BASIC component (analog to LogKit)
>   in Avalon to handle configuration information?

avalon.framework.configuration.*

> * Are there any BASIC components/abstractions in Avalon to deal
>   with security? By that I mean authentication and authorization
>   (as in role-based permission management).

Not at this stage. We have played with it before but as of now there is
nothing really there.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald