avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] (automatic?) UML diagram generation
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 12:47:42 GMT
On Tue, 7 May 2002 22:02, Ole Bulbuk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> sorry for this off topic mail but I don't know who else I should ask.
>
> I am looking for a tool that is able to generate UML diagrams out of Java
> source code. It would be nice if this could happen automatically with all
> source files or only a selection.
> I would really like to make it an ant task.
> A second important feature would be the ability to import the diagrams
> somehow into M$ Word since this is the format our customer will accept for
> documentation.
>
> Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

I used to use TogetherJ to do all this stuff and it was absolutely fantastic.
However that product has discontinued and merged into TogetherControlCenter
which is an absolutely massive application that uses oodles of computer
resources and thus costs fantastic amounts of money. You may be able to get a
reduced functionality version cheaper or  maybe even a timed demo version but
not sure.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald