avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Steuck <greg-avalon-...@nest.cx>
Subject RE: TPCThreadManager exceptions
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 20:13:37 GMT

    James>  I think I'm confusing the "runtime
    James> exceptions in PipelineRunner" issue with the "Could not
    James> create enough Components to service your request in
    James> TPCThreadManager" issue.

    James> Are these different?

Yep. They happen in different threads. The former in the "scheduler"
thread, the latter in the "runners".

    James> And is the "Could not create enough Components" issue
    James> solved in the latest CVS?

Yep. It is logged and otherwise ignored.

The last round of discussions was about handling runtime exceptions
in the "scheduler" thread (TPCThreadManager.run). Lack of logging in
there resulted in "Could not create..." exception being lost.