avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Steuck <greg-avalon-...@nest.cx>
Subject TPCThreadManager exceptions
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 23:34:24 GMT
Berin, Peter,

I would like to draw your attention to TPCThreadManager.run as of
revision 1.16. If my understanding of what is happening is correct,
the only way a generic runtime exception can happen inside of the
inner while loop is if m_threadManager.execute method throws
one. ThreadPool doesn't have any contract regarding runtime
exceptions, so we can presume that if m_threadPool threw one - it is a
toast.  Thus, we should not continue banging on it and the only thing
TPCThreadManager.run can do is exit (possibly logging the exception,
this is not in the patch below).

On the other hand, PipelineRunner.run should catch RuntimeExceptions
occurring inside EventHandler.handleEvents.

That's why I moved the RuntimeExceptions catching code into
PipelineRunner. Please see the attached patch.

Thanks
Greg