avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Steuck <greg-avalon-...@nest.cx>
Subject EventHandler
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 02:48:35 GMT
Hi Berin,

I want to thank you for the great event package. It is way cool! When
I have multiple processors (well only 2 :), I can really load them by
applying only small amount of thinking to the way app is
organized. Then again, all interfaces are already there, so I only
need to implement them.

Although, I need your assistance in interface interpretation.  Could
you please specify whether or not
org.apache.excalibur.event.EventHandler.handleEvent[s] methods should
be prepared to handle null parameters?

It is not in the javadoc, but the way TPCThreadManager runner works it
is possible to get a null from Source.dequeueAll passed into a
handler. My handlers for one are not prepared to this and I don't know
whether I should teach them to.

Thanks
Greg

P.S. I just wish StageManager already existed. I had to hack up a
subversive-oC selector for discovering the queues (as opposed to
getting them set).