avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@a--i--m.com>
Subject Re: Altrmi questions
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 23:09:52 GMT
Hello,

I've got another question you might be able to enlighten me on.  It
appears that currently, if an object was looked up on the server, and
one of the methods called, if the method returns something it is always
returned by value.  Is that correct?

I have many things that I don't want this to happen with.  I've looked
through the tests, but they seem to all return Strings or primitives.  I
run into the problem of needed to be able to return objects that are not
Serializable and need to be passed by reference, not value.  Anything I
might be missing or is this a current limitation of Altrmi?

Thanks again.

--
Richard Wallace
AIM, Inc. (www.a--i--m.com)