avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] build process (for documentation)
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 18:08:01 GMT
> My point is that we have few enough wanting to help with this let alone
> if it is done on a branch (i.e. borderline losing me too).

which is a showstopper. As soon as I have some cycles free, I will get
Centipede to at least not break the build, commit, then try and get
Nicola sent in to fix the changes.

Since no one ever does anything with logkit (no reason to get it from
cvs instead of release, basically), I'll start there.

Furthermore, I will make Centipede an external dependency, make ant an
external dependency, and remove things from CVS. Will only remove ant
when everything has switched and works though.

I will try and get this done before beta releases of cornerstone and
phoenix. If I don't make this it'll be before a final release at least.
It's my bet that Centipede will be pretty stable by then as well. Can't
tell 'bout ant 1.5, but I've always found CVS ant to be rock solid
anyway.

Hopefully, I'll manage to get all docs built by Centipede by the end of
next week, and get everything moved over to Centipede a week or two
after that (you might be able to tell I have preciously little time for
all this :/).

cheers,

- LSD