avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon questions, extending and best practices
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 06:57:21 GMT
From: "Jeff Turner" <jeff@socialchange.net.au>

> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 10:51:53PM +0200, Leo Simons wrote:
> > What we need is a generic delegating sax parser with dynamic element
> > handlers passed in at runtime. Solves all your problems =)
> >
> > The idea is that you add a layer on top of SAX that handles any XML
> > event in a way that is optimised for handling in Java instead of for
> > handling using xml or procedural work, without deciding for you what to
> > do with it in terms of storage, character vs binary data, etc.
>
> How about Commons Digester? The thing that parses Tomcat/Struts config
> files. It fits your description quite well.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/api/org/apache/commons/digester/p
ackage-summary.html

Jee, thanks Jeff for the pointer! :-D

I thought that it just did what Avalon's Configuration did, but I was wrong.

Yes, it truly rocks, and it's a more advanced and polished version of the
Transformer I wrote for Cocoon.

I'll port my Transformer to Digester, no doubt :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -